Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011

Page 256.
I was rewarded after all those pages of densely packed type with a page that had only one paragraph, so I feel a little ahead. I wish I could manage two pages a day instead of one, but that is probably unlikely in the near future. Still, It's something to shoot for.
Tonight I wrote on my gloves as my son did his biology homework. We took turns playing music from our respective computers. It's nice...I was able to do more than usual and it gives me a bit of a warm and fuzzy feeling to work alongside my teenager.
The next few pages of Ulysses look fairly easy to transcribe, so maybe I really can get a little more done. I heard on an n.p.r. Podcast that Mark Twain worked from 8:30 a.m. Until 5:00 p.m. every day during the summer in Elmira. Not a lot to distract in Elmira but still, it puts me to shame. I wonder how many pages I could do if I did it all day. I don't think I could do it for eight hours, but three? Four? Did Mark Twain have to make lunch? Walk the dog? Doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment